Tuesday, May 26, 2009


3 years ago today our family forever changed....we lost Matthew. It's hard to imagine that he would have been 15 in a week. As I sit here I wonder how he would have changed. I know he would be taller than me right now....he was up to my shoulders at 11. I can see hints of him in Justin now that Justin is getting older. It just hurts still so much not to have him here, not to hear his voice, see his smile, wrap my arms around him....


I love you Matthew and I know that you are with me always watching down over all of us. I still have a lot of anger towards the person who took us away from us but I am working on it. I know that you are safe in heaven and that one day we will be together.
**thanks to my good friend Lynda who made the above image for me :)

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Awwww Gretchen, you are in my thoughts today, Love and Hugs Lisa

Sharon said...

Hope God's comfort is with you today and always. I know you miss him and it's OK to be angry.

Anonymous said...

your in my thoughts today sweetie, an your so welcome.
Love ya

Sage Ravenwood said...

(Hugs) I didn't want to miss stopping by and letting you know you're loved today! You're in my thoughts...(Hugs)Indigo

ADB said...

I am sorry to hear you are hurting today over your loss, I wish you strength.

LYN said...

BEEN THINKING ABOUT YOU ALL DAY...AS I ALWAYS TELL YOU I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE AND NEVER KNOW WHAT TO SAY BUT PLEASE KNOW MY HEART ACHES FOR YOU...

Christy said...

Gretchen my sweet friend I'm praying for you. Knowing I have no magic words, but I'm thinking of you, praying for you, and holding you close in my heart.

Carlene Noggle said...

God bless your heart...Gretchen, you and Ben are in my thoughts and prayers tonight...I wish to God I could turn back time and reverse what happened...I hope the one that caused this tragedy will learn from it before it is too late.
God bless you,
love,
carlene

Terri said...

Thinking of you all today...

You're in my prayers...

Big Hugs!

Terri

Arlene (AJ) said...

Haven't been on for a few days, but seeing your words today about Matthew touched my heart. Know you are in my prayers always. Your anger is understandble dear, know when my nephew/godchild Kenny and my Sis Elaine were killed by the drunk driving doctor was devastating. Found that for me to move forward I had to allow myself to forgive him, but I'll never forget....has helped me.

Anonymous said...

Am concerned about you, it seems a long time since you wrote, understand your pain and so hoping that your husband has now found employment,now you walk in darkness and pain but there will be sunlight ahead for you all, you such an inspiration to me, daily I look for an update and my thoughts costantly stray your way,God bless you all and keep you close

Anonymous said...

How are you?? I look at your blig for updates most days so wish you would let us know how you all are, just hope things are ok