Sunday, April 26, 2009

Thanks for the prayers. She was released last Monday and went to the rehab in the nursing home. All of this past week she did not know who anyone was but knew our faces. She has been participating in therapy which is good. Yesterday my aunt in law from GA went to see her and spend the day with her, and she started complaining after her nap of shortness of breath, chest and stomach hurting along with her arm and back. Signs of a possible heart attack. The nurse called the doctor and the doctor said she needed to go to the ER especially with her history. We went down there and she had an EKG, chest xray and blood work. EKG and xray were fine. The blood work showed that her blood was way too thin. She is on a blood thinner and the doctor thinks that since she had been having stomach pain, it could be a sign of internal bleeding since her blood was so thin. She is off the blood thinner and is in the hospital overnight for observation. I had been working and was suppose to work 12 hours but my other nurse I work with stayed for me. I stayed to make sure she was settled in her room and left at 9 last night. I'm working today and will check on her.

Ben's uncle is out of the hospital and doing alittle bit better.

Time for work and thanks for the prayers

1 comments:

Arlene (AJ) said...

Si gkad Ben;s Gradna was able to leave the hospital, hopefully rehab will help her. Also good to hear Ben's is doing a little better. Will keep them both in my thoughts and prayers. Just glad you are near to be there for her.
Take care.