Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday




I'm thankful...


1. that we have a fireplace....the low this morning was 13!!

2. for the beautiful sunshine

3. that I have been off this week :)

4. that we are almost caught up with bills...it was rough for awhile when we both were briefly out of work but it's getting better!

5. that are taxes are done

6. for Ben, my kids and all of you!


Today I get to drive Ben to Tuscusloosa, I know I spelled that wrong, for a mental eval to see if he qualifies to add PTSD to his disability. If he does, which he has been deployed overseas to "hotspots" and wars numerous times, then he goes from 60 percent to 100 percent disabled. He'll still be able to work if he wants but it will definately help and frankly all the time he put in and how they treated him the last couple of years he deserves it. It really makes me upset how all the servicemen and women are treated after they have served their country. Ok, I won't start on that rant right now! God bless them all though! We'll be going to the other side of Birmingham so it's a good hour and a half drive from here and he works tonight.


It feels really weird not to go into work on my off week but I"m not complaining. I will make up for it next week :( I'm just glad that I am employed AND I like what I do.


You all have a great Thankful Thursday :)


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Gretchen, I've missed your Thankful Thursdays, You and I will both be off next week, I'm working one day, Hugs Lisa

Arlene (AJ) said...

Gretchen dear, you've been missed. Hope all works out on Ben's diability situation. Nice seeing your Thankful Thursday again. Hard to believe it's so cold in the South, we're 17 in SC today, cool and breezy as all get out over here. Take care. Welcome back on-line.

Carlene Noggle said...

It was 9 degrees here Thursday morning! We southerners aren't use to this anymore! lol So good to hear from you and I will be praying that Ben gets that 100%...he deserves it...and so do you...extra income is always needed...especially now days.
Love,
carlene