Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Funky mood

I've been in a funk of some sort this past week and can't seem to shake it. Poor Ben has been awesome and trying to pull me out. I'm slowly getting there. I don't know if the snow had anything to do with it. It was beautiful watching it fall at work over the weekend and knowing that my kids were outside playing in it. I guess I got homesick for Kansas, haven't done that in a while, and also knowing that Matthew would have LOVED it. I remember when we lived in TX and we had about an inch of snow. That was the first time Caitlin and Matthew ever seen it. Justin was 1 and don't remember it so this was his first snowfall. In TX we had to rake the snow off the cars hoods to have a snowball fight and I can still hear the laughter from the 2 of them. It's just hard....

Knowing that in another 2 months it will be 3 years is just unbelievable. The hurt never disappears.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Awwww hon, you are in my thoughts, sending big hugs, Love Lisa

Odie said...

(((hugs))) I can't believe it's been that long already. You are in my thoughts and I will say lots of prayers to help you through the next few months.

*hugs*

Christy said...

Gretchen from a Momma who's almost at the 9 yr mark since Jordyn died, I can tell you that it does still hurt at various times more than others.

Praying for you.

Carlene Noggle said...

God bless you sweetheart...I know so well how the snow makes me feel...we southerners don't have many snows to remember so they are all special to us...I can not imagine the heartache that you feel when you see it falling...all I can offer is a prayer that you will feel peace in your life soon.
God bless you and keep you,
love,
carlene

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((Gretchen)))))))))))

Love ya gal..

Anonymous said...

You have every right to have your down times, your loss is one that no parents should ever have to face, and that ache is in your soul, for mathew is in your soul, as you are in his

LYN said...

as always I can only imagine...

your blog looks very pretty by the way...

like it's owner..;-)