Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday


I'm thankful...
1. for all the prayers and thoughts yesterday...thank you all!
2. that tomorrow is Friday and I don't have to work :)
3. for the sun and warmer weather
4. for my family
5. that we live in Alabama...beautiful place!
This was suppose to be my off week...I went in yesterday and will go into today working 2nd shift. I'm not answering my phone this weekend...we won't be home anyway. We are taking Caitlin to visit Judson college in Marion, AL. She has been accepted there and we are going to go check it out. We will be leaving tomorrow evening and stay in a hotel and then be at the college for most of the day Saturday. It's hard to say that my daughter will be in college this next year! It's a good school from what I hear...christian and all girls. Of course they have a military academy across the street,lol.
I'm tired...I know it has to do with all these hours I have been working. They are still so short. I haven't been sleeping well at night again. I really want to go back to school and get my RN but not sure how to swing that with work but somehow it will come together. It will be a few more months before I can do anything like that. I have some core classes to take and I can do that online.
I was summoned for Jury duty!! I have never been before and made the comment just the other day that I hadn't. Should have known better! But I was reading it and it states you have to have lived in your county for a year and I have only been here 9 months. I'll be calling to find out!
Have a great Thankful Thursday and thanks again for the wonderful comments yesterday :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Gretchen, Always here for you, ugh jury duty, they find everyone eventually it seems for that, Hugs Lisa

Arlene (AJ) said...

Gretchen, sounds like you are super busy, hopefully things will calm down soon for you. Jury duty, sure you'll get excused, probably just an oversite. Hope you and yours have a nice weekend in Bamaland.

Odie said...

I jinxed myself the same way with Jury Duty! Take a good book with you!! Maybe you will be lucky like me and get dismissed after about 7 hours!

I hope you had a great weekend touring the college! How exciting! I can't believe Caitlin will be going to college already!!

Where does the time go?

*hugs*