Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday


I'm thankful....


1. for all of my online friends....thank you for the words of encouragement and prayers when I need them the most!

2. that Caitlin made it safely to B'ham for a Beta convention...she will be home tomorrow and is really having a great time :)

3. that the sun is shining and I'm off today!

4. that I'm finally getting the kitchen retouched and should be done today with it.

5. for my family and friends!


When the rain stops and the sun shines you can really tell what needs to be done outside. Now it is too wet to do anything but maybe this weekend we can get a few things done outdoors. The sun sure feels good though! It even improved my mood a bit :)


Ben's grandma will be having her 91st birthday the first weekend in April. They always have a big get together. Last year they had it at the church and had it catered. Everyone was really disappointed in the menu or should we say lack of, including his grandma. Now since we are here and have a huge yard they all want to have it at our house so I'm trying to get the little things that we have been putting off done. Also have Caitlin's graduation/bday party in June and Mom coming down the end of May so between work and everyday things it should be interesting to see how much I get accomplished!


This is my week off...but we all know how that goes! I did work Monday, which put me at 8 days in a row and I'll be going in tomorrow. Not giving up my weekend! I'm thankful for the job and the extra hours.


Ben had another appointment at the VA this past week and I was able to go with him. All I can say is MEN! He has borderline high B/P and guess who hasn't been taking his meds?? So tomorrow on my way into work I am stopping by CVS and getting a B/P monitor so he or should I say me, will be taking it once a day and keeping track of it. He went in for his sinusitis issues. He has been having sinus problems ever since Desert Storm with those burning oil wells and other deployments. It's funny how after he is out they want to treat everything....kinda makes you wonder but at least he is getting things taken care of. Better late than never! Now that we have insurance I need to make an appt. to get a head to toe checkup.


I think the paint is drying in the kitchen so I need to touch up around the microwave. Have a great Thursday and Happy Spring tomorrow :)


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Gretchen, always good hearing from you, wow tommorow is Spring already ? No way , Tell Ben he needs to take his blood pressure pills !!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

WOW Lady sounds like it's gonna get very busy there.. Make sure you take some time for yourself now.. Love ya, and Happy First Day of Spring..

Ben You had better take care of yourself, lol.. High BP isn't something ya wanna mess around with..

Odie said...

I am glad that the sunshine was able to brighten your spirit a little bit. :)

Wow, you will be really busy these next coming weeks! God Bless Ben's Grandma!! 91 years! Think of everything she has seen!

I have been borderline with my blood pressure too, I have a very mild pill I take daily...nothing to fool around with! I hope his bp can go down so he won't need any meds.

Enjoy your time off to the fullest!

*hugs*